Tuesday, September 12, 2006

dachshunds and recovery


This is just a pic of one of my pups.
When the boys came home from the hospital without mom, they had a time calming down the dogs. Since coming home, when I venture out my room, the dogs don't like to leave my side. They are like little children. They don't want anyone else's lap, but mom's. But my activity is still very restrictive, and they have been very calm around me. With 2 vertebre removed (of course bone graft and plate put in place), I'll have this brace to wear for a few weeks. Dachshunds are amazingly sensitive to people when they are hurt or sick. It is a wonder to watch them respond. They have not jumped up once toward my face. My sons are a tremendous help, and the friends from church and family have been been bringing over food to keep us well fed. Thanks to all for your help and your prayers.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY N....I'M SORRY I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL RIGHT NOW. I LOVE YOU.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see you recovering so well and your dogs are so cute! I've been praying for you.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Barry said...

Neither the dogs nor the boys surprise me with all of that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home