Friday, September 22, 2006

Wow the big 50!


Wow, I had my 50th bithday, and I think it was one of my nicest birthdays, even if I didn't look so great(this, not so great pic, gives an idea of what the brace looks like, that I wear 24/7). My friends and Sunday school class came over for a short time with red roses and lots of gifts, a beautiful bithday cake (with 25 candles that looked like it was going to catch the cake on fire haha), and of course goodies to eat. We ate, laughed, and prayed for each other. Then they left before they tired me out.
They said my face looked so much more relaxed (which is what someone else told me), something not expected so soon after surgery. But I guess having the pressure off the spinal chord already shows. Another early pleasant suprise is the sleeping. The info said it would be diffcult to find a comfortable position to sleep, with the brace on. But I've slept better than I have in years! I guess because the neck is so much better. So I'm feeling stonger every day, and my dogs are still very protective of me. We had to put my male dog in the kennel, when the company came, because he got so ugly when they came near me. He had been ok when just 1 or 2 visitors came. But when the house got full, he decided that was just too much! Poor boy. He even growled at my son when C took him out of my lap to kennel him.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Barry said...

It does look like that cake will catch fire

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger connie said...

Barry, it sure looked like it. It was sitting under the ceiling fan, and the wind was lighting the candles faster than we could.
Bev,wish you could've been here too. They were so sweet to all come. They did call ahead of time to make sure it was ok to come, but it was a nice surprise and a great blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home