Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dachshunds love to travel


I've never known a dachshund that didn't love to go on a trip. Maybe the first few car rides scare them. But after that, you have to come up with secret codes to keep them from figuring out that you are leaving the house. And you have to keep changing the code, because it doesn't take them long to figure it out! They definately know what the suitcases mean. My parents had a dachshund that lived for 16 years. I wished we had added up all the words that dog understood. A few years back, I took my sons, and our dog, on a long trip (from Texas to the Great Lakes, Maine, across to Washington, down to California, and back to Texas). This pic is of our very loved dog named Minnie. We were at Lake Michigan at the Indiana Dunes. Everywhere we went, people wanted to take pics of her and pet her. She was my first long haired mini dachshund, and holds a very special place in my heart.
On another note. I went for my 3 week check up, and my bone graft is almost 100% already, so I can take my brace off! I'm still not suppose to turn my head, etc, or lift anything. But I am progressing very well. Thanks for the prayers.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Barry said...

It is good that things are going so well...

yeah minnie was a special dog

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, secret codes. I like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home