Tuesday, December 05, 2006

First One is Here!

A girl is the first to come, around 4:20am. I think she will turn a lighter red, as she gets older
you can see the red tints).
Second pup, a boy came around 5:20am.
Also, as you can see, Dachshunds are born fairly flatnosed and short eared. The first set of pups I had (many years ago), I panicked and thought a "fence jumper" (or should I say "fence digger") had some how been in my yard. But I quickly found out that their nose and ears grow long in just a few weeks.

By the way, I think my first set of pups was born on the first birthday of my second son, while I was preparing for his birthday party. The 5 year old informed me that he heard "mice" under the couch. Yep, she had the pups right there, on the carpet , under the couch, right before all the company came. I turned the couch over, fixed something up for her and the pups, cleaned up the mess, etc. It was some day.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger connie said...

Yes, Bev, they are so cute and sweet, and I am sooo tired. Most dogs do not take so long to deliver between pups. The second pic is the 2nd boy. I tell you, my back was hurting BAD by the time it was over. But I love those puppies!...and their mom and pop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home