Thursday, June 14, 2007

ICU

Words no one wants to hear, especially when it's your son. But 4 days of ICU (5 total in the hospital) and he was out! He had Bi-lateral pneumonia, with viral and bacterial infection ( staph warneri, a strain that they had NEVER seen in the lungs before...yep they had to call the infectious desease center) and hypoxia (not enough oxygen in blood). He was one sick kid. But he kept telling me he was feeling better (he's 17). I finally threatened to drag him to the Dr, even if it broke my back, and the next morning he said he was ready to go see a Dr. His dad was in from Iraq, so he took him. Dad stayed the nights, and I stayed the days and evenings. Somehow, sitting around in ICU all day tires you out. Go figure. That was in May. His check up showed the lungs all clear!! Thank the Lord. I'm so glad God prompted us to get him in there and for the medicines we have.
After he got out of the hospital, I had to prepare for a trip. I was leaving for Bulgaria with a group, and it was not easy getting ready to leave, so soon after he'd been in the hospital. But the good X-ray report helped ease my mind some, and he was surrounded with grandparents and an aunt that kept a good eye on him (awe shucks....he thought, probably...haha).
So I am very thankful to our healing God and for all the people who prayed for my son during all this and while I was in Bulgaria.
As for my poor dachshunds.....I think they felt abandoned! Poor babies. But as soon as I would sit down, they were there to jump in my lap, curl up in a ball, with hopes that I would sit long enough for them to take a nap.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Happenings said...

I'm so glad that N is better. Spending anytime in a hospital is no fun, but I'm glad that we have it as a resource in our country to help us when we are ill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home