Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update on Dan, PLEASE KEEP PRAYING


I can't imagine what Bev, Roy , and H(little sis) are going through. It breaks my heart, and he's not even mine. OK, so I have a pic of Dan, half naked, too..woohoo! Tell him when he gets stronger, he can hunt me down and get me for this. I don't think he's changed much, except got a little taller. The other little one, sitting next to me, is my first born. I just wanted to give you a little smile Bev and family. I love you guys. I'm praying, and I know your holding on to our Lord for all your strength. Here's what her latest update is. 10/5

We were finally able to get through to Daniel tonight. Poor thing...It was
1 am there and he still hasn't been able to rest because of x-rays, blood
draws and his mom and dad tracking him down. ;-) All in all he sounded
good, but tired. He still remembers quite a bit of detail. So that tells
me that the head injury wasn't too bad. Yea!

The doctors will perform a procedure on him in the morning. The purpose is to take a closer look at the broken bones in his right leg and foot and to see how the re-attachment of his toes is coming along. I thought he had said a few toes. As it turns out, it is all 5 toes. They were all severed, as well as the ball of his right foot. Ouch! The rest of the injuries are chunks taken out of his legs from the flying shrapnel. Hopefully they will heal quickly. He said his dog tags have a dent in them! If all goes well tomorrow, he's thinking that he will head for the states on Sunday. So now we wait for the diagnosis of his doctors.

I've included a link below that pretty much tells the story of what happened. Please keep these Canadian families in your prayers as they grieve for these men.

Again, thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

www.canada.com

4 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger connie said...

No matter how big they get, and how independent,in a mother's heart, we still love them as though we could still cuddle them up in our laps like this.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Joy M. said...

Great pic and memory. I too am posting about Dan. So glad the word is getting out.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger connie said...

Your welcome Bev. Thanks Joy. Bev sent me to your post and am thankful you have good blog going there to get the prayers out.

The latest short version word from Bev is that the pins and wires are stable in the right foot and the toes are pink!

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God heal, strengthen, and bless Dan and his family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home